Atisa Community Programme
Providing food and hope
For many years, Bafenyi experienced the desperate need among the adults and children living in the poorest of the poor areas. People in these communities usually can’t afford to send their young children to day care centres, are often jobless and hungry and sometimes without hope.
Since 2016 we have been reaching out to these communities through our weekly Community Groups where the following are offered:
- An Early Childhood Development programme for the young children not attending ECD centres
- Food, thanks to our generous donors
- Hope through the Word of God, prayer and worship
- Parenting advice and resources
- Help with issues such as birth certificates, identity documents and a variety of special needs that can include clothes, medical or educational needs.
“Community is a sign that love is possible in a materialistic world where people so often either ignore or fight each other. It is a sign that we don’t need a lot of money to be happy—in fact, the opposite.” ~ Jean Vanier